Tuesday, September 28, 2010

comfort food

Everyone has there comfort food.
I have many. We are going to go with comfort cookies today.

Photobucket



Sparkling Ginger Chip cookies have changed my life. These tasty little bite sized ginger and chocolate taste explosions will probably change yours too. There are two steps I don't particularly like in making these 1) grating the ginger and 2) finely chopping the chocolate. but once you've made these a few times, every step becomes clockwork and you don't even have to think about it anymore, like riding a bike.

I use pastry flour because it's so fluffy and light. I keep my ginger in the freezer which makes it easier to grate. I went to the trouble of buying cane sugar and turbinado sugar too and it is totally worth it. I only use three blocks of chocolate and I think the recipe calls for 8 ounces (or 8 blocks, which is a lot!). Once you've mixed the wet ingredients into the dry that's when I chop the chocolate because you have to wait for the batter to cool, or your chocolate will melt (mistake I made the first time I made them). The recipe makes several (and I really mean several) dozen, so you'll be enjoying these cookies for awhile.
And if you make them I hope you love them as much as I do.

No comments: